If you are new to The Yoga Room please read the information below to prepare yourself for your upcoming class. You can click on the pictures for a larger view. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
The studio is located behind my house at 889 Honey Creek Drive. It’s in a quiet neighborhood tucked between Dexter Rd. to the south and Pratt/Wagner to the north and east.
Please park in the driveway. There are 6 parking spots marked by wooden 4x4s. Please pull into these on a slight diagonal and be mindful to take up only one space if you are coming for a group event–see picture below for example. (Winter Parking: In case the wooden 4x4s are covered by snow, please look for the yellow stake parking markers and center your car on a diagonal directly in front of one of these.)
*The pool-side yoga studio is in the backyard. Look for the gate to the left of the garage and follow the pathway back to the studio.
* Please arrive to your class or retreat about 5 minutes early to settle in so we can start on time.
*Payment is due in full before your first class. I prefer check or cash payments, but also accept credit card and Venmo payments. Please take responsibility for your own yoga practice; I do not give refunds or credits.
* Wear comfortable clothes that you can stretch in. Yoga is practiced in clean bare feet. There is a bathroom to change in for students’ convenience.
*The studio has a cork floor. A yoga mat (or two for extra padding) is necessary. You are welcome to bring any props you like to use in your practice–including yoga blocks, strap and blanket–and you may want to bring a hand towel and water bottle as well. (The studio is set to a moderate temperature.) I do not have extra mats or props for students to borrow, so please bring whatever you will need.
* This is a fragrance-fee space. Due to environmental sensitivities, please avoid using scented laundry products, hair and body products, oils, cologne, perfume, smoke, and incense when you come to class.
* Please silence cell phones & leave in the foyer during class. Do not bring them into the studio. You can leave any other personal items you do not need during class in the foyer cubbies.
* If you have cold or flu symptoms please stay home and take good care of yourself and come join me when you’re feeling better.
Class Cancellations & Make-ups:
* There is a firm 24-hour cancellation policy for all private sessions and personal retreats. However, if you or a member of your household wake up the morning of your session with COVID symptoms, please notify me by 8am to re-schedule your session free of charge. Refunds will only be given for other events such as Mini Retreats if someone else is able to take your spot.