Are you dealing with stress, anxiety, insomnia or (peri)menopause? Are you a Highly Sensitive Person? Are you just feeling ‘hot-headed’ lately and need to cool off? These 6 calming breathing techniques can be helpful for all of the above. Below is short explanation of each of them that I teach in my annual ‘Yoga Chill’Live+Virtual course.
1) Diaphragmatic/Belly Breath: Click link for a good explanation from Harvard Medical School.
2) 2 (Exhale):1 (Inhale) Ratio Breathing: When your exhales can be longer than your inhales, you are soothing your nervous system.
3) Sitali Pranayam: A cooling, calming pranayam. Great one for summertime.
4) 4-7-8 Breath: A good one when you’re feeling anxious.
5) Bee Breath: Another good one for anxiety and stress relief.
6) Moon Breath: Click for instructions for Moon Breath that you can practice for insomnia, as well as bonus Sun Breath technique. ;)
And don’t forget good old Alternate Nostril and Ujayi Breathing, always handy breathing techniques to include in your self-care regimen.