Do you sit at a desk or work on a computer all day? Are you looking down at your phone right now to read this? Are you feeling and seeing the effects of aging in your body, ie. hunched shoulders or osteoporosis? Our posture affects everything: our lung capacity; hormone production; spine, jaw + headache pain; mood; blood pressure; energy level; nervous system function; even our digestive system.
Try out these 6 easy steps–in your yoga practice or any time–and see if they help you improve your posture.
1) Align feet parallel and knees tracking forward
2) Tone legs and gently lift knee caps
3) Lengthen tailbone down
4) Side ribs long, abs toned and lifted/zipped
5) Lift heart, pull shoulder blades toward one another
6) Head floats up from back of ears, throat soft
If you want even more helpful posture tips, enroll in my upcoming ‘7 Weeks to Better Posture’ Live+Virtual course. Sign up soon; we begin September 12!